Roofcare (Midlands) Ltd
We are a family run business based in Nottinghham with over 25yrs experience,
we offer a full range of roofing and roofline services from one tile to a complete new roof.
Guarantees & Warranties are not insurance backed as all Guarantees & Warranties are supplied by Roofcare (Midlands) Ltd.
We always endeavour to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recongnise
that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure we are able to put things rights as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards.
In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that
we can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible.
Either call us on 0115 906 3036
or write to us at Roofcare (Midlands) Ltd. Trent Business Centre, Thoroton Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham NG2 5FT. (please request proof of receipt if posting)
or email us email@example.com
We aim to respond within 14 days of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised.Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event that we cannot remedy your your complaint to your satisfaction
you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so please contact Which? Trusted traders in the first instance
on 0117 981 2929.
In these terms and conditions “the Customer” shall mean the person, firm, company or authority whose order has been accepted by the Company and “the works” shall mean the works to be carried out pursuant to an order by “the Company” (Roofcare (Midlands) Limited). ALL QUOTATIONS / ESTIMATES MADE AND ORDERS ACCEPTED BY THE COMPANY are SUBJECT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- Any provision stipulation or condition in the customers conditions of order or otherwise which conflict with or in any way qualifies or negates any of these terms and conditions shall have no effect and these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- No variation of these terms and conditions shall be valid unless evidenced in writing under the signature of a director of the Company.
- All Quotations or estimates by the Company are by way of invitation only and may be withdrawn without notice and the Company shall not be bound until it has dispatched a written acceptance of order to the customer.
- All prices are based on the cost to the Company of goods and materials, labour, transport and other costs ruling at the date when such priced were quoted. In the event of any such costs to the Company being increased directly or indirectly prior to completion of the works, the Company reserves the right to charge all such increases as an addition to the contract price.
- All prices given out by the Company are estimated on the basis of what is seen at the time. If upon removing existing roof coverings, surfaces facades plaster decorative surfaces etc the Company discovers that extra work is required to correctly install new materials to rectify rotten materials/previous poor workmanship etc. The Company reserves the right to charge for the extra time & materials required to complete the Works correctly. All extra work is charged to our standard daily/ hourly rate plus the cost of the materials required
- The Company carries full Public liability and Risk Assessments where necessary. Public Liability Insurance of £5,000,000.00,
- The Company reserves the right to request deposits/interim payments on account to the value and above the value of the work and / or materials.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, payment is due with in 7 days of receiving invoice. All deposits are non refundable.
- Any commencement or completion dates given by the Company at any time are given in good faith but time is not of the essence of the contract and the Company shall not be held liable for loss, damage or expenses suffered by the customer or any other party arising directly or indirectly from the Company’s failure to comply with such dates.
- If any given completion date is delayed for any reason beyond the Company’s control (Including but not limited to inclement weather, accidents, loss or damage of any kind, strikes, cessation of labour affecting any trade engaged upon the works or the inability of the Company to secure labour and / or materials) a fair and reasonable extension of time for completing the works shall be granted to the Company and the customer shall be responsible for the security, protection and safe keeping of such materials and equipment howsoever arising. The company and its authorised agents reserve the right to cease works at any time for whatever reason and will not accept any form of responsibility for damage or damages so however caused due to cessation of works.
- If for any reason the Company is unable to complete the works, the Company’s liability will not exceed the value of the uncompleted part of the works and the customer will remain liable to pay for the value of the completed part.
- Materials and equipment delivered to the customer’s site for use will remain the Company’s property until payment has been made in full, and in the case of materials and equipment which remain unfixed until the Company has received payment in full. Until such fixing or payment the customer is responsible for the security, protection and safe keeping of such materials and equipment howsoever arising.
- Where applicable the customer is responsible for the accuracy of any drawings, design And / or specifications submitted to the Company by or on behalf of the customer and the customer will indemnify the Company and keep it indemnified against any cost, claim, liabilities or damage caused by any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in such drawings, designs and / or specifications, Where no specifications have been supplied by the customer or suppling agents the company shall use best practice, reasonable care and skill and determine best action, at no time will the company accept or invite third party comments and or opinion or be bound by decision of third parties on works carried out by the company. At no time shall a customer retain monies on works carried out once the company considers work to be completed.
- The customer will obtain all requisite building, planning and other statutory and bylaw consents and licenses required in respect of the works and will indemnify the Company to keep it indemnified in respect of any failure to do so.
- Building Regulations, Current Part L Require the thermal insulation values to be upgraded to meet government standards. Should you choose not to upgrade the insulation, you do entirely at your own risk and absolve the company from liability there in.
- The Companies liability in respect of works and surveys carried out and / or materials supplied under any conditions, warranties or their terms whether expressed or implied by statute or otherwise shall be subject to the following: Where a written guarantee or warranty is given by the company the Company’s liability shall be limited to the terms of such a guarantee or warranty; and a) Any such guarantee or warranty shall not apply in respect of damage from the result in foot traffic upon the roof surface, abnormally high winds/storms or excessive movement of the roof structure; and b) The Company shall be given immediate notice of any defects being discovered in writing and no remedial works shall be a carried out by any person, firm or company; and c) The Company’s liability shall in any event be limited to the contract price.
- The company cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by the movement or vibration to ceilings or areas where internal finishes are fixed to structural timbers supporting our work. Furthermore during the removal of the roof coverings inevitably dust & debris will fall into the loft space/ garage space. The customer is responsible for removing stored possessions prior to commencement of works. During the course of the roof works the Company will use its best endeavours to ensure that the building will be kept watertight, however from the nature of the works involved it’s not possible under sudden or severe adverse weather conditions to guarantee the exclusion of water through a roof which is temporarily open or an overnight seal.
- All warranties and forms of guarantee will be passed to the customer only upon full and final payment of works. The Company’s warranty shall not include parts, materials, or equipment not manufactured by the Company and the customer in such circumstances shall only be entitled to the benefit of any such warranty or guarantee as is given by the manufacturer or supplier (as the case may be) to the Company to the extent that the Company is entitled, at no cost to itself, to pass on the benefit of such warranty. Products used meet current regulations, BBA agreement approval, and British Standards where applicable.
- Cancellation of a customer’s order will be accepted only at the Company’s discretion and the Company reserves the right in such an event to Charge for all costs incurred prior to and / or resulting from such cancellation in addition to such other remedies as it may have.
- The information contained within our roof reports are a record of what we have seen and are given as our professional opinion and without prejudice. There is no guarantee that our observations and opinions will be fully conclusive or without risk of additional unforeseen works being required. While reasonable care is taken in the compilation of material for our reports. The author does not accept any liability whatsoever including liability for negligence for any losses or damage (whether direct, indirect, reasonably foreseeable or otherwise) resulting from our reports.
- The Company cannot guarantee that some “ponding” of water may or may not occur on the roof surface (Flat roofing works), this should not be considered as a defect and will not be detrimental to the performance of the roof membrane
- Samples submitted for approval will show for substance and general character only. No guarantee can be given regarding colour.
- All skips are estimated to be placed as close to the work site as possible, if the customer decides upon delivery of the skip, that they do not want a skip where the company sees fit (i.e. on a drive way) an extra charge for moving of the debris to the skip will be added upon completion of the work By instructing the company to carry out works it is assumed that you have received, read and understood these terms and conditions.
- The Company will not be held responsible for any damage caused to property by third parties such as skip hire companies or scaffolding companies. Any repairs required will be at the expense of the party at fault. The Company will not accept no responsibility for unauthorised access to any scaffold erected.